Learn more about our Sleep Disorder Services: 832-355-3348. Schedule a sleep study: 832-355-8945
DO YOU HAVE SLEEP APNEA?
The 10-question screen below may be used to identify patients who are likely to have sleep apnea. This tool should be used, and the referring doctor needs to be notified of the results. The Sleep Center can assist in the education process and scheduling of the sleep studies. The referring physician needs to supply the Sleep Center with the sleep study order, demographics and a brief history of the patient for our reading sleep specialist.
- I have been told that I snore.
- I have been told that I stop breathing in my sleep, although I haven’t noticed it.
- I have high blood pressure. I’ve noticed my heart pounding or beating irregularly during the night.
- I have headaches in the morning.
- I fall asleep easily during the day.
- I have been told that I kick at night.
- I experience aching or “crawling” sensations in my legs.
- I am gaining weight or am overweight.
- I suddenly wake up choking or gasping for breath during the night.
- I sweat a lot during the night.
HOW WE CAN HELP
The goal of the St. Luke’s Center of Sleep Medicine is to aid in awareness, education, screening and evaluation. We have established various educational and screening programs that will identify and lead patients to a high quality standard of care. St. Luke’s is an accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). St. Luke’s, through its affiliation with Baylor College of Medicine, has added the medical specialties of neurology/neurophysiology and psychiatry, which complement the existing medical staff pulmonologists from Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and Pulmonary Critical Care Sleep Medicine Consultants (PCCS). Our technical staff members are licensed in Texas and credentialed in sleep medicine and respiratory care.
We are located conveniently in Sugar Land and continue to expand to meet the needs of our patients. Our facilities have:
- free parking
- Sleep Number beds by Select Comfort®
- ADA private restrooms including showers
- flat screen TVs with DVD players and cable
St. Luke’s accepts over 400 insurance plans and offers direct patient scheduling.